Qatar Foundation established Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF) in 2006 as part of its ongoing commitment to establish Qatar as a knowledge-based economy. Qatar Foundation views research as essential to national and regional growth; as the means to diversify the nation’s economy, enhance educational offerings and develop areas that affect the community, such as health and environment.
Qatar National Research Fund aims to foster original, competitively selected research in engineering and technology, physical and life sciences, medicine, humanities, social sciences and the arts.
In addition to funding, Qatar National Research Fund aims to encourage dialogue and partnerships.
Qatar National Research Fund funding programs and sponsorship programs include:
- National Priorities Research Program (NPRP)
- Junior Scientists Research Experience Program (JSREP)
- Postdoctoral Research Award (PDRA)
- Graduate Student Research Award (GSRA)
- Undergraduate Research Experience Program (UREP)
- Secondary School Research Experience Program (SSREP)
- Qatar Research Survey (QRS)
- Conference and Workshop Sponsorship Program (CWSP)